Tokai Radio Control Car Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HPI BMW M3 GT Touring Car Body (Image thumbnails)

2 posters

Go down

HPI BMW M3 GT Touring Car Body (Image thumbnails) Empty HPI BMW M3 GT Touring Car Body (Image thumbnails)

Post  Controversy Sat 19 Oct - 11:10

In my previous thread, I uploaded images of my first TC chassis. Here are some images of my first spray job using Tamiya PS paints. For the silver pin stripes, I used Pactra's trim tape (silver). Before painting, I pre-mounted and cut my body first.

Colours: Metallic Purple (PS-18) / Metallic Green (PS-17) / Metallic Red (PS-15)

HPI BMW M3 GT Touring Car Body (Image thumbnails) Bmw_m310 HPI BMW M3 GT Touring Car Body (Image thumbnails) Bmw_m311

Not the most spectacular first paint job, but bodies do get damaged quickly so I decided to go with something simple and affordable that still looked relatively attractive.

Controversy
Tokai Pole Sitter

Back to top Go down

HPI BMW M3 GT Touring Car Body (Image thumbnails) Empty Re: HPI BMW M3 GT Touring Car Body (Image thumbnails)

Post  skillz Sun 20 Oct - 19:35

Nice job bud!!! Well done!!!
skillz
skillz
Tokai Club Champ

Back to top Go down

HPI BMW M3 GT Touring Car Body (Image thumbnails) Empty Re:

Post  Controversy Sun 20 Oct - 20:17

Thanks! I'm looking to improve on the next body I paint - less straight lines, something with curves and that flows more - white, dark green and sliver maybe. The wing I will leave clear.

With my first body, I did a basic sketch and used coloured pens to get some idea of what I was trying to achieve.

Controversy
Tokai Pole Sitter

Back to top Go down

HPI BMW M3 GT Touring Car Body (Image thumbnails) Empty Another image:

Post  Controversy Mon 21 Oct - 11:44

A higher quality image when it was still new and I hadn't removed the decals.

HPI BMW M3 GT Touring Car Body (Image thumbnails) Bmw_m313

Controversy
Tokai Pole Sitter

Back to top Go down

HPI BMW M3 GT Touring Car Body (Image thumbnails) Empty Re: HPI BMW M3 GT Touring Car Body (Image thumbnails)

Post  skillz Mon 21 Oct - 21:37

Very nice !!!! Smile
skillz
skillz
Tokai Club Champ

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down