Tokai Radio Control Car Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

next season motor rule...?

4 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

next season motor rule...? - Page 2 Empty Re: next season motor rule...?

Post  skillz Sun 4 Nov - 10:03

Ok. So I got my 17.5 bl in Sam.

So I will make a note of my fastest time and then on sunday when I use 14t bl then I will also make a note of it. I will use same gearing for all and tires.

Then must test a sport tuned and 13.5bl

On tuesday we can also compare ff03 with 17.5bl and Sabre with 17.5bl. Sam vs Nev, same bl system. I still think sabre is the better car.....let's see....

So the guys on the chat room want us to test all: sport tuned, 14t, 17.5 stock and 13.5 stock. One driver, same car, same gearing.

We also think limiting gearing according to different systems used will be a lot of PT and too many loop holes. We currently can't even start on time and finish early and ow imagin checking 10 plus cars...

Oh, and Matt Attack got him a ff03 Smile
skillz
skillz
Tokai Club Champ

Back to top Go down

Post  SammyD Sun 4 Nov - 13:13

Whoa.......you mean I have to put 17.5 in for tues, then change back to 13.5 for Sun, I suppose then my car will be ready for CC the next week with 13.5 in!!

You are the most consistant driver, so choose one of the gearing options listed, and we can go through all the motors/systems with that same gearing and compare times.

Are you going to run listed gearing on tues nite? If you are then I'll run the listed gearing as well with 17.5 and we can see down the straight if there's an advantage either way. We must also look at kv rating for both motors as that'll have an effect too.

For next year, if we go the whole hog then gearing has to be limited whether we like it or not, and if anybody seems to have an edge in pace their car will be checked!! We can laminate a copy of the gearing/chassis/motor/system specs and keep it with the race control stuff. I have a laminator at work, so will be easy to do.

cheers cheers cheers cheers GOOOOOOOOOO MATT!!!!! cheers cheers cheers cheers
SammyD
SammyD
Tokai Club Champ

Back to top Go down

Post  SammyD Sun 4 Nov - 19:13

skillz wrote: I still think sabre is the better car.....let's see....

I just found out something very interesting today wrt to chassis choice from a very reliable source in PE.............alot if not all the guys were running the sabre at club and national level from diaz. Turns out, alot of them are jumping ship to the FF...........it's been proven that although the sabre is a pro chassis, the FF has in fact got better handling capabilities/characteristics than the other fwd chassis' out there???? Well I'll be...... scratch scratch

I am still stoked with my chassis of choice though.....only time will tell. Very Happy
SammyD
SammyD
Tokai Club Champ

Back to top Go down

Post  skillz Mon 5 Nov - 3:12

Wow! That's good to know. Let's see if the trccc boys can get our FF03's dialled. Prccc guys have some fast, good handling ff03's.
skillz
skillz
Tokai Club Champ

Back to top Go down

Post  skillz Sun 11 Nov - 22:53

so after todays racing we can see that sport tuned, tamiya 14t and 13.5 was all competitive.

dave and paul who were running 17.5 with turbo on, could u guys still gear higher? how hot was the motor?

where to from here guys...............................................?
skillz
skillz
Tokai Club Champ

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum