Tokai Radio Control Car Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Its Here - M3 Cup

3 posters

Go down

Its Here - M3 Cup Empty Its Here - M3 Cup

Post  SammyD Tue 15 Feb - 12:11

driver 101 wrote:Its Here - M3 Cup M3ad

Well it's finally here, the start of our M3 Cup.

Please when you enter on the night have your car ready for concourse, this needs to be done asap, so the nights racing can start. The big word here is "co-operation" please guys.

Looking forward to this...big time

See you all there
SammyD
SammyD
Tokai Club Champ

Back to top Go down

Its Here - M3 Cup Empty Re: Its Here - M3 Cup

Post  driver 101 Thu 17 Feb - 9:57

Guys - This really turned out to be a class that has such a great appeal for close racing. The racing for the first round was one of the best.

I think the rules are spot on, I love the idea that all are racing equal. Those tyres are brilliant, I bought 2 sets and now I am thinking of using the other pair for TT's.

Bring on the next race...
driver 101
driver 101
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SammyD Thu 17 Feb - 12:50

I don't know so much about being equal, paul made me look like I was looking for parking in reverse!!!! You also had some serious pace, but then again it's these lucky packet motors!!! Have to find the sweet spot with gearing which is already limited, so could be difficult????
SammyD
SammyD
Tokai Club Champ

Back to top Go down

Post  driver 101 Thu 17 Feb - 13:28

I reckon its pretty damn equal, I mean on the straight and keeping in mind you have to get the top corner right to give you the speed, when I approached other drivers a had the same legs, but the corners was where it was all happening.

Check this:

The fastest lap time was 11.220
The slowest lap time was 12.350

Thats a difference of 1.13 sec, that is close, and thats the hole field of drivers.

But....

If you look at the average lap times, thats when the driving plays the huge factor.

The fastest average lap time was 11.915
The slowest average lap time was 17.025

Thats a huge difference of 5.11 sec, this is where people think they been cheated on, but if they work at their average and stay consistent, they will do well.

Paul's average was 12.621 and yours was 13.745, theres your difference bud, thats why you felt you were looking for parking.
driver 101
driver 101
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SammyD Thu 17 Feb - 14:46

I agree with the averages, but definately not on the straight, my car doesn't have the pace down the straight period. Brett even caught me down the straight and he is running 58/25?? My average is not accurate as I was parked for who knows how long against a barrier. My last 15 or so laps were on the money, I had the infield waxed, and the entry to the main straight, it was just too damn slow down the front. Paul must've been 1/4 of the straight behind me and came into the first corner infront of me, now tell me there's no speed advantage between these motors, and this happened every time he lapped me. It's a known fact that the silver cans have variable rpm's out the box, as much as 1500 - 2000rpm, that's huge. All this means is that I'm going to have to fight harder and maintain my motor better, a little polish every now and again will also help the cause. I'm not pissed about it, but to say that the playing field is level aint true, you get a dud every now and then. Also to substantiate my claim, in the "older" days of clubstock and tamiya cup nationals, the guys would buy batches of motors, sometimes 30 at a time, put them on a dyno and pick and choose the better ones to compete with then sell off the slower ones to recoup costs. Thats why they started with handout motors at nats.

Anyway, enough arb facts for now, so whats the verdict for 2 weeks time??? M3!!!! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
SammyD
SammyD
Tokai Club Champ

Back to top Go down

Post  driver 101 Thu 17 Feb - 15:16

Yip - totally understand what you saying, all I can say is that the concept is fantastic.

My motor was bought from SM, deans were put on the same night and ran it for the first time in heat 1.

Maybe we should ask steve to dyno mine and yours, just for interest sake???

Next M3 race:

So far only 1 driver cant make the event in April, all others are ok to race, well those that replied. We can chat at GT and discuss about Le Mans or M3's???

So far it looks as if everyone wants to race the M3's again.
driver 101
driver 101
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SammyD Thu 17 Feb - 15:39

It would be very interesting to dyno all the motors and see what figures are produced.
M3's are fun!!!!! Very Happy Very Happy
SammyD
SammyD
Tokai Club Champ

Back to top Go down

Post  monsterct Thu 17 Feb - 22:04

ai.... my car wasnt particularly quick either? the handling was good though, what i lost out on the straight i made up in the corners and also made up by making no mistakes? sam i dont think i saw any car that was far quicker or far slower?

my thoughts: if the slowest motor in the field was leslies (for argument sake) and was given to Ty to use, i still believe he would have placed where he did! super smooth driving, no mistakes and a slow motor = top 3 placing in A finals..

who has a motor dyno?? please can we arrange that everyones motors can be dyno'd? or atleast those that would like to see how their motor really performs? i'd gladly give mine for testing? who else is willing?

oh and FYI there is more to straight line speed than just the motors... Very Happy
monsterct
monsterct

Back to top Go down

Post  SammyD Thu 17 Feb - 23:51

Like what? Going in a straight line??
SammyD
SammyD
Tokai Club Champ

Back to top Go down

Post  driver 101 Wed 23 Mar - 22:54

Seriously looking forward to race 2. I dig this class!

bounce bounce bounce
driver 101
driver 101
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SammyD Thu 24 Mar - 11:36

Going to be awesome, need to get toe in rear blocks though to settle car down.
SammyD
SammyD
Tokai Club Champ

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum