Tokai Radio Control Car Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Season 2 Suggestions

+6
skillz
SHAFIEK'O
mattsgraphix
SammyD
duck.co.za
driver 101
10 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Season 2 Suggestions Empty Season 2 Suggestions

Post  driver 101 Fri 1 Jun - 10:13

Hi All,

Wow...last night we made some huge progress in discussing the future classes for the club.

This is what was discussed:

1) Stock classes should remain as is, it works well and is inviting to new racers wanting to join our club. The only change for season 2, is that the TTO1 chassis will be restricted to 25:55 Spur / Pinion combo.

2) Mini 2wd will remain as is. Everyone seems happy with it, its a great class. Only change would be to allow foams, max Dia 60mm.

3) Pro Mini falls away, there is absolutely no interest in continuing this class.

4) FFO3 becomes a new class falling in place of Pro Mini, we start the class off running Johnson motors and rubber tires, we see how it grows and make changes accordingly. And only hot hatch bodies.

5) GT and Pro GT stay as is, although we would like to check the times between 17.5 and 13.5 to see if they can run together, but there were a few guys still wanting to keep these classes separate. Keeping them separate would alow guys to race in both. GT running plastic tub style chassis and Pro GT open to all pro carbon chassis.

5) Porsche Cup falls away. Just another stock class. The feeling is "Why". So this class will go?

6) F1 is touch and go, a few are selling out and we know of one that's just bought. Maybe we still continue?

7) Introduce a "Revival Class". The 103 GT / Pans / Older chassis, mix and match conversions etc.

8-) All classes to be open for foam tires except Stocks and FFO3.

So the format may look something like this:

Week 1 - Stocks
Week 2 - Mini 2wd / FFO3 Hot Hatch
Week 3 - GT / Pro GT
Week 4 - F1 / Revival Class

Please share your thoughts, it would be great to get as much feed back as possible.

Thanks
Ty
driver 101
driver 101
Admin

Back to top Go down

Season 2 Suggestions Empty Re: Season 2 Suggestions

Post  duck.co.za Fri 1 Jun - 10:50

Wow Radical !!!! Ty someone bent your ear !!!!!!!!!
While I understand change , this is pretty radical ?????? For years we tried to get brushless in , now we are just chopping and changing classes ???

Porsche cup !! Possibly the most expensive class I've ever run ?? Was a good equal/even class now gets dropped for a F103GT/Pan car class ??? EXACTLY where are these cars the guys are going to race coming from ???? Are they four cell or six cell batteries ??? I don't think you can race a 1/12 pan car against a F103GT ??? One or the other ?? If it's F103GT chassis , you are going to battle to find enough chassis if you are still running F1 ???
I could understand trying to convert the existing F1 cars to GT and run one 6 month series (for a change) and then going back to F1 for the next

Come on guys if you are going to introduce FF03 make it brushless ????? Even Mini's are now brushless ??? Stock settings 17,5T motor we have already tested it .

Putting FF03 with Mini's makes sense even though it doesn't suit me ?
duck.co.za
duck.co.za
Tokai Top Club Racer

Back to top Go down

Season 2 Suggestions Empty Rubber foams together ??

Post  duck.co.za Fri 1 Jun - 11:02

Not sure this is clever ?? One or the other ?? Otherwise you need to test both to see which is best and maybe one night foams are better the next rubber ( so in fact you need to have both ) ????
Foams in one or two classes no problem , but to just open it up is not a great move !!
duck.co.za
duck.co.za
Tokai Top Club Racer

Back to top Go down

Post  driver 101 Fri 1 Jun - 11:25

All these suggestions were made last night (not cast in stone) from all the guys that are were there.

No twisting or bending the committee's arms, just all relevant points from guys that are the club at the moment. We have to look at where all the interest is. Some classes have been battling for support. The PSC is dying fast, the guys have all bought the stuff but don't race.

We have also taking into consideration of what the members are selling and what they are buying. Like pro Mini, the guys are all selling out, so whats the point to continue it.

The revival class just become a filler for fun. A kind of...lets see what this brings scenario.

We have to remember that for the club to maintain it popularity, we have to look at what works, no need in running regular long standing classes if its not supported.

Regarding FF and Johnsons, we have to make a smart start, we will only have 4, maybe 5 guys. lets get it going and look at how it takes off.

But this is also what this thread is all about, hearing all the views and then making the right decisions
driver 101
driver 101
Admin

Back to top Go down

Season 2 Suggestions Empty ????????????????

Post  duck.co.za Fri 1 Jun - 11:35

Cool
If I make next week !!! I'm going to try the FF03 ( brushless ) in the Gt class .
I hope we don't loose the F1 class ?? Foams are worth trying in this class considering the new surface .
duck.co.za
duck.co.za
Tokai Top Club Racer

Back to top Go down

Post  duck.co.za Fri 1 Jun - 11:41

Sorry wrong place !!!!
duck.co.za
duck.co.za
Tokai Top Club Racer

Back to top Go down

Post  SammyD Fri 1 Jun - 11:48

Laughing Laughing Too fast on the draw?? Laughing Laughing
SammyD
SammyD
Tokai Club Champ

Back to top Go down

Post  SammyD Fri 1 Jun - 12:01

As Ty says above duck, guys are losing a bit of interest in some classes and are wanting to try others.

As for bl in FF, the guys who have the 17.5 systems are using them in their gt cars and minis, and with FF running on the same nite as mini it'll be tough going to swop the motor between both chassis between heats. I suggested last nite that we have to start looking at the 21.5 in club stock soon and we need to do some testing, maybe this motor/system could be used in the FF as the bl option to run with the silvercans same as club stock, makes the class more accessable to more guys. Unless down the line you slap in the 13.5t system from pro gt into the FF??? Maybe another option to look at???

But in essence I'm game for most of these changes. cheers

Quick question to all the guys, who's all got F103 chassis? And to duck, can the 104 be converted to gt?
SammyD
SammyD
Tokai Club Champ

Back to top Go down

Post  mattsgraphix Fri 1 Jun - 12:22

Hi Guys

I really think we should not drop the F1 class my idea specially for the guys who are runnung the F104, f104x1 will not want to convert them to f103gt.

So i would suggest lets run any f1 chassis on one night. One class open wheel the other class gt old race bodies any f1 chassis will do touring car tyres on the gt old yesteryear bodies and the other any f1 chassis any open wheel body.

I think these two classes will feed each other as the drivers competing on the night share the same interest in this type of racing.

I myself have four f103 chassis and one f104 chassis so i will be happy to convert one of my f103 cars to gt
mattsgraphix
mattsgraphix
Tokai Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  driver 101 Fri 1 Jun - 12:45

Nice post Matt.....I fully agree
driver 101
driver 101
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  mattsgraphix Fri 1 Jun - 13:12

Im keen for ff03 too. I think the f1 open and closed bodies will bring back alot of the old timers. Sleep
mattsgraphix
mattsgraphix
Tokai Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  SHAFIEK'O Fri 1 Jun - 14:21

YEAH, ILL DEFINITELY GOING TO GET A FF, AND FF'S ARE FUN
SO WE'LL STILL HAVE STOCKY STOCKS AND CLUB STOCKS

YORR WE PROBABLY NOT HAVING A BMW CUP AGAIN HEY, I MISSED LAST SEASON'S Sad Sad Sad

ISNT THERE ANOTHER WAY TO INTRODUCE TT'S WITH MAYBE A DIFFERENT MOTOR (BLACK CAN)
OR WHERE I CAN DRIVE MY CARBON CHASSIS
SHAFIEK'O
SHAFIEK'O
Tokai Front Runner

Back to top Go down

Post  driver 101 Fri 1 Jun - 14:28

That awesome Shafiek, the numbers look like they are gonna grow for FF before we've even started.

What carbon chassis you got? You can run it in Club Stock and obviously Pro GT

oh...and TT's with black can are deadly on how many motors you gonna go through. Our very first one make series, GTi Cup, we used black cans, and nearly everyone had to replace them, they just wear out horribly
driver 101
driver 101
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SHAFIEK'O Fri 1 Jun - 14:33

LOL THERE GOES THAT IDEA,

TY, WAS BMW CUP A HIT LAST YEAR

OH YA, ITS A TOP PHOTON RACING
SHAFIEK'O
SHAFIEK'O
Tokai Front Runner

Back to top Go down

Post  duck.co.za Fri 1 Jun - 14:51

Ok we need a little clarity here !!!! You get F103 F1 with F1 tyres and open bodies . Then you get a chassis where you remove the wings ( From an F1 chassis ) and fit a new front bodymount/bumper and run a closed Leman style body with the F1 slicks .
Then you get F103GT which has different parts to allow the use of touring car size wheels . They then run the later LMP style bodies or normal touring car bodies . The chassis plate is wider and allows the use of a TA05 front bumper .
Now if we wanted to run the closed bodies on our F1 chassis that's easy ?
If we want to run the F103GT stuff then it get a bit harder ?
My experience with The GT chassis is it's easier to drive than the F1's ????? Now that has only been a bit of parking lot racing , so I'm no Pro !

So what are we trying to achieve ?

Last edited by duck.co.za on Fri 1 Jun - 15:00; edited 1 time in total
duck.co.za
duck.co.za
Tokai Top Club Racer

Back to top Go down

Post  duck.co.za Fri 1 Jun - 14:58

Just a thought ???? Not sure it's possible !!!!!
Call the new class REAR wheel drive with LMP style low bodies . Then all the IFS chassis around could be used ? You either remove the bogbones or front belt or the whole lot and it's only rear wheel drive ? Don't know how they will go ?? SARDA use to run a rear wheel drive Mini class , where they removed the dogbones from the front of 4WD chassis ?

Just a thought ??
duck.co.za
duck.co.za
Tokai Top Club Racer

Back to top Go down

Post  mattsgraphix Fri 1 Jun - 15:14

Hi Duck

I would just be sad to see F1 go and i think the class has room to grow specially with a grippy tennis court surface we have available to us at protea. Its always fresh on the eyes to see something different going around the track apart from the day in and day out of sedan shape bodies. so whatever you think regarding running f103gt along with f1. We also need to take into consideration spares etc for these cars are they available locally when converting your f103 to f103gt running touring car rims.

Its needs to be easy and simple to get into for a club member. I think you know more about this f103gt than i do WHAT CONVERSION WOULD BE THE EASIEST TO DO REGARDING THE F103
mattsgraphix
mattsgraphix
Tokai Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  duck.co.za Fri 1 Jun - 15:32

Matt I'm all with you !! I don't want to lose F1

I'm trying to understand what the plan is for this other " F103 " class ??? I'm not sure about it , as I don't think it's been thought through completely ?? It's a great idea , but I think there are some short falls

That's why I say a rear wheel drive Lmp body class , possibly ???
duck.co.za
duck.co.za
Tokai Top Club Racer

Back to top Go down

Post  driver 101 Fri 1 Jun - 15:54

Is there no way we can separate the two?

Do many guys have both options? F103 & F104?

So we can, lets say, on the Week 4 run:

F1 / LMP
driver 101
driver 101
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  duck.co.za Fri 1 Jun - 16:06

Ty I'm confused ????
The plan is to have F103/F104 F1 class as is ??????????
Then instead of Porsche Cup !!!! to introduce a new F103 based class ? being it the GT chassis variant or what ever ?
I'm not sure this is possible ? ( every one needs another chassis ) That's why a rear wheel drive class could be an option ?? Guys with F103Gt could run them and IFS chassis could be used with only rear wheel drive ??? The IFS allows the low nose LMP bodies ( or some of them ) to be run ?
duck.co.za
duck.co.za
Tokai Top Club Racer

Back to top Go down

Post  duck.co.za Fri 1 Jun - 16:22

Can A F104 be converted to a GT chassis ??

I don't see why not ?? Here's a pic of what looks like a F103GT with a F104 front end ??

Season 2 Suggestions Images1

May be a bit narrow ??
duck.co.za
duck.co.za
Tokai Top Club Racer

Back to top Go down

Post  driver 101 Fri 1 Jun - 18:27

I am also a little confused.

Exclamation
driver 101
driver 101
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  mattsgraphix Fri 1 Jun - 18:29

leave f1 as is correct Ty. Then run a rear wheel drive lmp class as a seperate race on the night.
mattsgraphix
mattsgraphix
Tokai Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  duck.co.za Fri 1 Jun - 18:45

mattsgraphix wrote:leave f1 as is correct Ty. Then run a rear wheel drive lmp class as a seperate race on the night.

There we go , I agree

BUT what LMP chassis that's my question ?? If you are running F1 you can't convert it to LMP ?

So how many of us have F103GT or similar ( not 1/12 pancars ) to race in this class ??

Matt
Duck

Who Else ?
duck.co.za
duck.co.za
Tokai Top Club Racer

Back to top Go down

Post  skillz Sat 2 Jun - 2:09

Howzit Guys!

My 2 cents:

I personally think - to many changes, too soon!

I dont agree of the idea of droping the "onemake" series! It put everyone on a equal playing field and it looks awesome on the track and promotes closer racing and the hype of getting your body ready for the new season and concourse and all that is awesome. why not try in then with another chassi? maybe the 2wd mini: m03/m05 "one make" Series?

To do a F103gt\lmp class will be the same or even worse than keeping our current ProMini class running - in terms of entries. Our current Promini class is loads of fun and is a step up from 2wd mini (which is seen as the starting point when racing mini's). F103 parts are hard to get like matt said. I know pro mini has not really been well supported but hey, if u look at all the classes, all have dropped tremendously in numbers.

I thought the idea of combining gt and progt into one class would be a better option in terms of making space for a "FF03 only class". Lets all face the fact: and that is : our track designs and even at protea does not do it justice for a 13.5 brushless system in a touring car. you will never get to use the full potential of the system. For example: last night with my promini, i couldnt even go full taps down the straight, it was not long enough and that is only a mini chassi with a sport tuned motor\17.5 bl. Not even gt class (23t) does one get the full potential of the car and the motor.

We opened up gt to any chassi (including cf chassi) but now want to go back to plastic only ?

Just be carefull not to change too many things too quickly and dont change what is and has been working for the club.

Matt also just bought a promini just like mike just bought a f1...so now we saying: tough luck - class is canned?
skillz
skillz
Tokai Club Champ

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next